Do The Right Thing: Compassion and Leadership for Change | March 25th, 6-8pm
Do The Right Thing: Compassion and Leadership for Change
In our Summer 2018 Levelling Up workshops, participants told us that they needed to be better equipped for talking to other men about good consent and healthy relationships. Specifically, they asked for more skills, language and frameworks. They asked questions like…
- “how do I talk about this with men in my friend circle who I know have been harmful to women? how do I call them out? how do I call them in?”
- “how do I talk about this with the younger men and boys in my family? what about when the older men in my family don’t get it?”
- “how do I become more comfortable having these conversations?”
Do the Right Thing: Compassion and Leadership for Change focuses on practical, applied tools and techniques for these tough conversations. This workshop focuses on
- understanding our own personal motivations for 'calling in' other men, and some of the strengths and dangers of those motivations;
- understanding the function of and difference between blame, judgement and accountability;
- understanding our personal barriers, fears and goals;
- finding ways to enhance our own comfort in these uncomfortable moments; and
- skills and language for approaching conversations from a place of mutual learning, accountability, compassion and strength.
** as always we offer limited spots at sliding scale prices to keep workshops accessible. Please honestly choose what you can afford.